This API offers historical, delayed and real-time index values for more than 1,200 U.S. and global market indices, including the popular index families such as Dow Jones, S&P, NASDAQ, Hang Seng, NIKKEI and others. Distribution of stock market index data is generally subject to strict licensing by the index family.
- Historical Data: Historical and end-of-day closing stock market index data is typically available from 1994 onward or from the index inception date
- Some older historical values are also available for certain market indices.
- Historical and end-of-day index data is typically not fee-liable.
- Dow Jones Indices does require reporting of firms receiving end-of-day access to Dow Jones index values.
- Delayed Data: Delayed index values are available for most of the supported market indices.
- Some of index families require firms that display delayed index data on web sites and portals to establish distribution agreements and pay distribution fees.
- Real-Time Data:
- Real-time data is almost always fee-liable.
- Fees may include distributor fees and user fees.
- Volume information is available but only on a limited set of indices
- Index lists by country or index family
- Quotes for one or multiple symbols
- Quotes for a single date or a range of dates
- Index identification by symbol, cusip, valoren, or ISIN when available
- Support for XML, CSV, and JSON output
- Use a single easy-to-use API to obtain intraday and historical index values
- Access institutional quality real-time index and benchmark data through an easy-to-use API
- Easily embed real-time index and benchmark values in your applications--including spreadsheets, websites, mobile apps and other corporate applications
- Dramatically reduce time to market for apps that need index values and benchmark data
- Eliminate the pains and complexity of legacy feeds by using cloud APIs
Data Coverage At-A-Glance
- Asset Classes: Indices, Benchmarks
- Exchange Covered: NASDAQ, NYSE, CBOE/MDX
- Index Families Covered: Dow Jones, S&P, S&P/TSX, S&P/ASX, S&P/HKex, Russell
- Hang Seng (Hong Kong), FTSE (UK), NIKKEI (Japan), Deutsche Borse (Germany)
- For a full list of supported indices use ListAllIndices
- For a list of Index Families, use ListIndexCriteria
- For a list of Indices by Country, use ListIndicesByCountry
- If you need indices we do not support please contact us.
Key Data Points
- Index: Symbol, Category (Family), Name, Last, Time, Change, Percent Change
- Index Description: Symbol, ISIN (where available) , Name, Country, Category (Family), Sector