For more information on this service, contact your account manager.
This web service provides stock index component information.
You can use XigniteIndexComponents to get the list of securities and weightings that comprise the stock indices. Also known as index constituents, index composition, or index memberships, index component is the information about the securities that are included in the calculations of an index. Index calculations can be straightforward, i.e. the sum of the price of all the securities in the index or can involve more complex calculations and weightings. Commonly used index calculations are market-value weighted index, such as the NASDAQ Composite (^IXIC), and price-weighted index such as the Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI).
XigniteIndexComponents currently supports weightings for the following securities:
- S&P GSCI Total Returns Index (^GNX)
- Russell 1000 (^RUI)
- Russell 1000 Growth Index (^RLG)
- Russell 1000 Value Index (^RLV)
- Russell 2000 (^RUT)
- Russell 2000 Growth Index (^RUO)
- Russell 2000 Value Index (^RUJ)
- Russell 3000 (^RUA)
- Russell 3000 Growth Index (^RAG)
- Russell 3000 Value Index (^RAV)
- Dow Jones Global (^DWXRST)
- Dow Jones 5000 Composite Total Return Index (^DWCFT)
- Dow Jones REIT Total Return Index (^DWRTFT)
- Dow Jones Utilities (^DOWU & ^UTIL)
- Dow Jones U.S. Basic Materials Total Return Index (^DJUSBMT)
- Dow Jones U.S. Consumer Services Total Return Index (^DJUSCYT)
- Dow Jones U.S. Consumer Goods Total Return Index (^DJUSNCT)
- Dow Jones U.S. Oil & Gas Total Return Index (^DJUSENT)
- Dow Jones U.S. Financials Total Return Index (^DJUSFNT)
- Dow Jones U.S. Health Care Total Return Index (^DJUSHCT)
- Dow Jones U.S. Industrials Total Return Index (^DJUSINT)
- Dow Jones U.S. Real Estate Total Return Index (^DJUSRET)
- Dow Jones U.S. Semiconductors Total Return Index (^DJUSSCT)
- Dow Jones U.S. Technology Total Return Index (^DJUSTCT)
- Dow Jones U.S. Telecommunications Total Return Index (^DJUSTLT)
Note that using the information in this service may require that you obtain a license directly from the Index company. Any use of an index for the purpose of creating index-weighted funds or ETFs does require a license from the index company.