This API offers delayed commodity futures price quotes from major global commodity exchanges such as CME, NYMEX, COMEX, CBOT, Euronext Liffe and others. In addition to commodity futures price quotes, the API also provides tick-by-tick intraday quotes, spot prices, contract termination schedules, the latest commodity futures market news for contracts written on over 300 underlying assets.
- Support for major global derivatives and commodities exchanges
- Major commodities supported (energy, agriculture, metals, indices, etc.)
- Lookup active exchanges and futures by exchange or category
- Future termination schedules
- Automatic font-month calculations and lookups
- Get future quote for front month, specific contract, top contracts
- Future option quotes and option chains
- NYMEX Swaps
- Delayed and historical spot quotes available where applicable
- Historical quotes by specific contract or commodity (e.g. historical price of crude oil)
- Historical daily or monthly quotes
- Delayed and historical tick data (intraday and up to 20 business day)
- Summarized 1 minute, 5 minute, 15 minutes bars; customized bars
- Future quote by session (pit session vs Globex session where applicable)
- Delayed or historical futures strips (three months strip to 10 year strip)
- Customizable intraday and historical charts
- News headlines for major commodity categories
- Use a single easy-to-use API to obtain a wealth of future data from global markets
- Access institutional quality, up-to-date future data through an easy-to-use API
- Access a wealth of delayed and historical future information in one API
- Easily integrate charts in charting applications and investor portals
- Build technical analysis models with intraday and historical tick data
- Manage commodity futures risk exposure and monitor futures-spot spreads
- Incorporate futures options data in hedging analyses
- Easily embed future data in your applications--including portals, spreadsheets, websites, mobile apps and other corporate applications
- Dramatically reduce time to market for apps that need future data
- Eliminate the pains and complexity of legacy future data feeds using cloud APIs
Data Coverage At-A-Glance
- Asset Class: Futures and Futures Options
- Exchanges Covered: CME Group (COMEX, NYMEX, CBOT, CME), Kansas City Board of Trade (KCBT), Minneapolis Grain Exchange (MGEX), London Metals Exchange (LME, Settlement Only.)
- Contracts Covered as traded on those exchanges:
- Agricultural Futures: Corn, soybean, ethanol, oat, wheat, cattle, coffee, cotton, cocoa, butter, milk, cheese, lumber, rubber, etc.
- Energy and Oil Futures: Crude oil futures , Brent crude oil , natural gas, heating oil, gasoline, propane, coal , natural Gas e-miNY, PJM Electricity and more.
- Financial Futures: Stock index and commodity index futures, currency and cross-currency futures.
- Interest Rate Futures: T-Bill and T-bond futures and interest rate swap futures.
- Metals Futures: Precious metals futures for gold, silver, platinum and palladium. Salvage metal futures prices for aluminum, copper, nickel, zinc, tin, and more.
- Timing: Delayed data (based on individual exchange delay guidelines), end of day data, and historical data
Key Data Points
- Future: Symbol, Name, Expiration Month, Expiration Year, Exchange
- Quote: Open, High, Low, Last, Settlement Price, Volume, Open Interest, Previous Close, Change, Percent Change, Currency