Sales Development Representative
Xignite is a great place to grow your career and learn about cloud technology and the financial services industry, as well as get your foot in the door to build your experience towards a sales career. You will report to the Vice President of Sales. As a junior member of the team, you will coordinate closely with our sales organization to support research and prospecting activities for new B2B accounts to secure a steady flow of new qualified opportunities. You will often have the first (and therefore the most important) opportunity to make a positive impression on a prospect, so you will be responsible starting an experience that will set the stage for effective sales follow up. A successful candidate will be a self-starter, with high energy, positive phone presence, have a team player mentality, and is willing to take coaching advice and apply it immediately. The right candidate will understand the sales process and the buying cycle and be relentless in their efforts to reach out to our prospects, build trust and communicate Xignite’s product offerings. If you love working with prospects, clients, and sales people, then we want to talk to you.
- Rapidly contact or respond, via telephone, email and social media, to 150+ inbound global leads per week. Some leads will require a response within 2 hours.
- Methodically source, prospect, educate and qualify new outbound prospects via phone and email to create sales ready opportunities
- Engage potential prospects at fintech and financial services events in global locations
- Research accounts to understand need, enable effective follow up and generate interest
- Become a credible resource and develop trusted relationships with prospects
- Collaborate with marketing to support successful outbound campaigns
- Team closely with sales reps to research, nurture and penetrate new and target accounts
- Disseminate opportunities to the sales team, educating rep as necessary about the opportunity
- Successfully manage and overcome prospect objections
- Track any and all prospecting and lead management activities in Salesforce.com
- Proactively look for opportunities to improve, optimize end-to-end lead management and other sales and marketing activities
- Consistently achieve qualified opportunity quotas to ensure revenue objectives
- 4-year degree required with great academic record.
- Finance degree and knowledge of capital markets and asset classes a plus.
- Prior successful experience in demand gen or cold call sales.
- Clear passion and desire to learn and grow in sales or business development
- You don’t need to know about APIs, we will teach you. But you should be comfortable talking technology. SaaS experience preferred. API knowledge a plus. We will provide extensive training on Xignite API’s to ensure you get off to a fast start
- Direct experience as a front-line user in Salesforce a plus
- Superior pre-call planning, opportunity qualification and objection handling skills
- Solid communication skills – both verbal and written
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills
- Strong analytical thinker
- Outstanding attention to detail with superior time management skills
- Passion for testing, measuring and improving outreach and follow up effectiveness
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Knowledge in social selling
- Hands on problem solver but also very coachable
- Self-motivated, independent worker, entrepreneurial
- High energy, competitive team player
- Knows which questions to ask
- Most important… a sense of humor
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Proficiency in Outlook or Gmail and Excel
- Experience with Salesforce much preferred.
- Understanding of social media platforms – LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Competitive base + bonus based on team or individual retention results
- Subsidized (free) medical insurance for employee
- 401(k); Stock options
- PTO, plus stock market holidays
- Free lunches, snacks, and beverages
- Subsidized gym membership
- Darts, Wii, ping-pong, and more!
- Standing desks
- Walking distance to Hayward Park Caltrain station; shuttle to Hillsdale station
- Onsite café
- Named one of the ten coolest brands in banking, Xignite, Inc. provides cloud-based financial market data APIs to help emerging companies and established enterprises deliver real-time and reference market data to their digital assets, such as websites and apps. Xignite’s clients include more than 1,000 financial services, media and software companies from disruptive fintech firms, such as Betterment, FutureAdvisor, Motif Investing, Personal Capital, Robinhood, StockTwits, Wealthfront and Yodlee, to leading financial institutions, exchanges and market data vendors including, NASDAQ OMX and BMO. For more information, visit http://www.xignite.com or follow on Twitter @xignite.
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org