Product Marketing Manager
Xignite is building out the Product Management team to support our growing API platform. As a Product Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for defining market segments, sizing the opportunity within those market segments, identifying solutions we can deliver to address those requirements, and validating those solutions with prospects and customers. If you get your kicks from talking to customers and crafting honed product strategies we would love to talk to you. You will also be responsible for crafting the messaging and positioning for products. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial. In your role as a Product Marketing Manager you will be the expert in buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria and will transfer that knowledge to the Product Management team to influence the product roadmap.
The right candidate will be relentless in their efforts to understand our buyers and the market landscape in order to craft product messaging & content that hits home with our target audience.
- Market intelligence – be the expert on our buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on your competition and how to crush them.
- Product positioning – develop messaging that differentiates Xignite products in the market.
- Sales enablement – communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of Xignite products.
- Product launch – plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Product content, collateral – develop product and solution content that Marketing will use for awareness demand generation programs including web content, whitepapers, datasheets, emails and more.
- 4+ years of software product marketing experience with experience in market intelligence (conducting buyer intel, defining market segments) and content creation such as product positioning & messaging, white papers, case studies, web copy and product brochures.
(Be prepared to provide samples of your past work.)
- 4-year degree required with great academic record.
- Very strong written communication skills.
- Strong analytical thinker.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- You don’t need to know about APIs, we will teach you. But you should be comfortable with technology. SaaS experience preferred. API knowledge a plus. We will provide extensive training on Xignite API’s to ensure you get off to a fast start
- Hands on problem solver
- Self-motivated, independent worker, entrepreneurial
- High energy, competitive team player
- Knows which questions to ask
- Most importantly… a sense of humor
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Proficiency in Outlook or Gmail and Excel
- Experience with Salesforce much preferred
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Subsidized (free) medical insurance for employee
- 401(k); Stock options
- PTO, plus stock market holidays
- Free lunches, snacks, and beverages
- Subsidized gym membership
- Darts, Wii, ping-pong, and more!
- Standing desks
- Walking distance to Hayward Park Caltrain station; shuttle to Hillsdale station
- Onsite café
- Named one of the ten coolest brands in banking, Xignite, Inc. provides cloud-based financial market data APIs to help emerging companies and established enterprises deliver real-time and reference market data to their digital assets, such as websites and apps. Xignite’s clients include more than 1,000 financial services, media and software companies from disruptive fintech firms, such as Betterment, FutureAdvisor, Motif Investing, Personal Capital, Robinhood, StockTwits, Wealthfront and Yodlee, to leading financial institutions, exchanges and market data vendors including, NASDAQ OMX and BMO. For more information, visit http://www.xignite.com or follow on Twitter @xignite.
Apply To: firstname.lastname@example.org