Our business relies on our ability to deliver financial market data accurately and reliability, and is a key differentiator for our customers. We are looking for someone with hands-on experience to take end-to-end responsibility for innovating and maintaining a world-class production infrastructure and 24×7 operations. The Operations Engineer will report to the Vice President of Operations in San Mateo, California. Beyond having the proper skill set, we are looking for someone with a positive attitude and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Responsible for 24×7 availability and performance of Xignite APIs
- Start the day when US markets open at 6:30 am Pacific Time
- Establish a robust and fault-tolerant production infrastructure that scales with the accelerating growth in data and customers.
- Design, implement, and deploy necessary monitoring and diagnostic tools to proactively detect and address production issues.
- Work directly with market data providers, including co-location deployments and real-time data feed operations.
- Define key operational metrics and dashboards.
- Handle critical alerts and escalations through to resolution.
YOUR SKILL SET
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related discipline/experience.
- 1+ years of technical experience in software development and/or operations.
- IP networking and network devices, including familiarity with the functionality, operating, and failure modes of networks.
- Experience with production SaaS infrastructures and operations, including load balancing, web server farms, Redis, DNS.
- Proven technical troubleshooting and performance-tuning experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft technologies, specifically .NET, C#, IIS, SQL Server
- Highly self-motivated, with a strong sense of ownership and urgency
- Strong communication skills
- Financial market data industry experience
- Amazon Web Services experience
- Competitive base + bonus based on team results
- Stock Options
- Health benefits + flex spending
- PTO plus stock market holidays
- Stocked kitchen
- Free Tuesday & Thursday lunches
- Monthly company off-sites
- Pinball machine, ping pong table, darts, Wii
Named one of the ten coolest brands in banking, Xignite, Inc. provides cloud-based financial market data APIs to help emerging companies and established enterprises deliver real-time and reference market data to their digital assets, such as websites and apps. Xignite’s clients include more than 1,000 financial services, media and software companies from disruptive fintech firms, such as Betterment, FutureAdvisor, Motif Investing, Personal Capital, Robinhood, StockTwits, Wealthfront and Yodlee, to leading financial institutions, exchanges and market data vendors including, NASDAQ OMX and BMO. For more information, visit http://www.xignite.com or follow on Twitter @xignite.