AR Collections and AP Payments Specialist
Location: San Mateo, CA
WHO YOU ARE
You are X-ceptional I-ntuitive G-oaloriented N-imble I-nnovative T-eamplayer E-nergetic.
You have a head for figures and enjoy opportunities to make a significant business impact. You enjoy looking at numbers and help the company increase their customer collections and find cost-saving solutions.
Xignite powers the biggest names in fintech by delivering the broadest array of financial market data through cloud-based APIs. Managing our Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Collections is critical to Xignite’s business operations. Ensuring that bills are paid on a timely basis at the same time, increasing our cash collections to leverage against the outgoing payments are key factors to growing the business, and increasing profitability.
The ideal candidate for this high-impact role combines the following skills:
- Computer Skills: Majority of your job will be done on computers, AP and AR entries, AR Aging analysis, creating spreadsheets, and Excel reporting
- Analytical Skills: Numbers are your friends, you will be looking at them and trying to find disparities, cost-saving areas and new solutions.
- Communication Skills: You must be a strong communicator, both paper and over the phone, as you will frequently deal with customers, vendors and higher levels of management.
- Organizational Skills: Accounting work gets hectic. Keeping accurate records and organizing your time efficiently will help you greatly.
- Accurate, efficient and timely processing of AP and AR
- Weekly reviews of AR Aging; collection activity on past-due accounts to achieve DSO goals.
- Evaluate credit worthiness through credit scoring and reporting systems (D&B); assess, analyze and provide recommendation for credit limit decisions.
- Identify and execute necessary adjustments in improving company AP and AR processes and controls
- Support the Accounting team in educating the breadth of Xignite’s business in appropriate AP processes and controls.
- Send statements and make collection calls to customers with outstanding accounts
- Interact with customers and coordinate with Support and Account Managers in resolving customer payment and collection issues
- Responsible for tracking and resolving aged accounts both in AP and AR
- Responsible for accurate reconciliation during the month-end close process of the reconciliation of the AR and AP subsidiary ledgers to the summary ledger.
- Assists in the preparation of year-end schedules and audits, as needed.
- Assist with other projects as needed
YOUR TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance or equivalent
- Minimum of three to five years experience in an accounting role with emphasis in Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, customer service and collections. Strong collections experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with creating and/or processing daily entries and reports, invoicing or billing
- Netsuite ERP and Salesforce.com experience required
- Experience with automated AP systems (e.g. Bills.com or the like) a significant plus
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Subsidized (free) medical insurance for employee
- Stock options
- PTO, plus stock market holidays
- Free lunches, snacks and beverages
- Subsidized YMCA membership
- Darts, Wii ping pong, and more!
- Walking distance to Hayward Park Caltrain station; shuttle to Hillsdale station
- Onsite café
Named one of the ten coolest brands in banking, Xignite, Inc. provides cloud-based financial market data APIs to help emerging companies and established enterprises deliver real-time and reference market data to their digital assets, such as websites and apps. Xignite’s clients include more than 1,000 financial services, media and software companies from disruptive fintech firms, such as Betterment, FutureAdvisor, Motif Investing, Personal Capital, Robinhood, StockTwits, Wealthfront and Yodlee, to leading financial institutions, exchanges and market data vendors including, NASDAQ OMX,SIX Financial Information and BMO. For more information, visit http://www.xignite.com or follow on Twitter @xignite.
Apply to: email@example.com